Friday, October 21, 2005

Nervous People Originals Exchange


These cards are going out in the mail tomorrow. Six full size ATCs (the traditional 2 1/2" by 3 1/2") with original dragons. Nothing borrowed from on line, magazines, digital prints, copies etc.

This first card (upper left) is my favorite of the three I collaged. I like the way the colors work together and it looks comfortably balanced.

My favorite of the three I drew and painted (see top right--Baby Dragon with Balloon) didn't reproduce very well with all it's gold metallics... but I'm very pleased with it and hope the recipient is as well.

Here's another little drawn and painted creature (left). He looks pretty sharp in real life with those leathery red wings and horn.

Ok. This is the little orange guy (right) from whom the collage work sprung. Decades ago I used to like to draw Celtic knotwork. I think that might be evident. (smile)

These (below) are the two remaining dragons, clearly inspired by the little orange guy above. They need a little more "something," though I don't know exactly what. I've spent a lot of time on all of them, these included... but these two feel unfinished to me and now I'm running out of time.


3 Comments:

Blogger ChristineMM said...

Love all the ATCs but especially find the newspaper cut out dragons very creative!!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Divine Synchrondipity said...

Thank you!!! That's actually a copy of an 1883 dictionary on the "dragon" page...

10:40 PM  
Blogger Divine Synchrondipity said...

These cards are in Canada waiting for the rest of the swap participants to get their cards in a couple of months late unfortunately...

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home